Thursday, January 22, 2009

Perplexing Question


Well, thanks to you all who gave me feedback on my first entry. I really enjoyed hearing from you. Today I have mostly been contemplating the baby sweater that I am knitting. It's a darling pattern from Debby Ware called "Gumdrop Sweater." It's probably about the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm sure you will agree. Now, here comes the dilemma. My foster daughter (she's 27 and married) has a 2 year old who could wear this (let's call my grandbaby Lisa). We also have a next door neighbor (who we dearly love) with a darling little girl of the same age who would also fit in it.

I know the neighbor would really appreciate and understand the love and effort that goes into an item such as this and my 13 year old says our foster daughter won't appreciate it. My husband says you don't do things for other people because they will appreciate it, you do it because you love them. That I understand. But after Lisa has outgrown it, will it end up at -- heaven forbid -- Goodwill? Is it wrong of me to give the sweater with the caveat that when she's finished with it, return it to me so my other granddaughters can enjoy it? I know. I know. I'm being petty. Why, I could just solve the problem by knitting two sweaters! Allright! Allright! All you knitters out there, pick yourselves up off the floor. I know you're rolling around laughing. You, there! Wipe that grin off your face! Okay, where was I? Oh yeah. Please help me, because I'm in a serious conundrum here. This has me truly perplexed. I look forward to your comments.

No comments: