Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rain, Rain, Stay, Stay



Quietly I have slinked out of my warm bed this morning and silently tip-toed here to contemplate various things on my mind. The main thing on my mind this morning is the rain. I love when it rains, because you can't really do anything outside. It sort of yells, "Knit! Knit! Knit!" However, how does one do that when all the other members of the family are in the house? While I have never minded knitting while they are around, for some reason, I feel if I do so today to the degree that I wish, they will believe I am a few cards short of a full deck. And so what if I am? Well, it really doesn't matter to me what the world at large thinks about me, but those that are closest to me, well, that does matter. Although I don't rely on others for validation, it does matter to me what my FAMILY thinks. So, for now, I am quickly reaching out to you, my knitting friends, and will shortly make some pancakes for my family and then hopefully get in some much needed knit time.

P.S. Here is a picture of the organic cotton vest I made for my husband. He has worn it twice whilst we went out and seems to enjoy it very much. I love the rolled bottom and the "beachy" feel it has to it.

No comments: